When in South Africa

When in South Africa

Introduction

Dear Darlings,
This summer I spent 3 weeks volunteering at Sparrow Rainbow Village in Gauteng, South Africa. Sparrow was founded in 1992 and is both a Hospice for the terminally ill and a Children’s Home for those vulnerable children who have become homeless due to the death of one or both of their parents.

During the weekdays at Sparrow, I spent my time with the younger kids (age 1 to 10), as a teacher assistant, so to speak, and then after I would help the pre-teens with homework (basic math and English). But on the weekends, I explored South Africa and learned immensely about its rich history.

So read along with me as I write about my adventures and find out why I call this experience the most enriching one of my 22 years of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment